Martha Stewart's Pistachio-Raspberry Tea Cupcakes (#5)


This is my fifth Martha Stewart Cupcakes book cupcake in my challenge to make all 175 cupcakes in the book. These little beauties...cupcakes...or as Martha calls them...tea cakes...turned out awesome! We ate a couple right out of the oven and they were so yummy!


And, the best thing about them is that they are made completely in a food processor.


The recipe says that it makes 15 cupcakes...I only got a dozen out of it, but I tend to fill the cupcake liners a little fuller than I should!


Layla and the Pistachio-Raspberry Tea Cupcakes! The recipe is below...


Martha says: "These brightly colored cupcakes are very simple to make--a food processor handles all the mixing. You'll find the slivered pistachios at speciality stores or online retailers; you may substitute chopped pistachios instead."

Makes 15 standard or 36 mini cupcakes

Ingredients
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 to 2 containers (6 ounces each) fresh raspberries
1/4 cup slivered or chopped pistachios, for sprinkling

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Line standard or mini muffin tins with paper liners; coat liners with cooking spray.

In a food processor, finely grind shelled pistachios with the sugar and salt. Add butter, vanilla, and eggs: process until smooth.

Add flour; pulse until just moistened and combined; do not overmix.

Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three-quarters full.

Drop raspberries into batter (4 to 6 per standard cupcake; 2 per mini) and sprinkle with slivered pistachios (1/2 teaspoon per standard: 1/4 teaspoon per mini).

Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until golden brown, about 28 minutes for standard cupcakes, 14 for minis.

Transfer tins to wire racks to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. Cupcakes can be stored up to 2 days at room temperature in airtight containers.

First published: May 2009


I think you'll really enjoy these "tea cakes."

Have a great week, CQ

9 comments:

  1. very pretty...good choice of liners too. Theres no frosting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it seems strange for Martha...but no, no frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was told to lightly flour the nut, chips or anything else in cakes and cupcakes so they don't sink to the bottom of the cake.
    Have you hear this?

    I follow you on twitter, you're wonderful with all your tips.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! These look more like muffins than cupcakes but they look delicious non-the-less! I'm going to have to try these ones out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these last night...very quick and easy. I didnt have enough pistachios so I added some cashews; and I didnt have raspberries, I had blackberries. It all worked out wonderfully, they are a whizz to make, but the temperature must be off? Mine were burnt on the bottom but no where else. If I tried these again I would set the cupcake tray on another baking tray and reduce the temperature to 350F and see if that works better. I had the whole thing completed in an hour though, thats what I call cake making!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look great and i see your dog is like mine...very interested in my baked goods...check out jackson and my burger cupcakes at
    http://eatmytreats.blogspot.com/2009/07/cheeseburgers-and-french-fries.html
    Lauren
    EatMyTreats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are on my list to make soon... I plan to make minis -- teeny tea cakes. Yours look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! i will think of this when i write my next blog on Raspberry Tea

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are very cute cupcakes! It is kind of interesting because I haven't tried this combination.

    ReplyDelete