Summer Time Gone Phishin' Chocolate Cupcakes

I just want say from the outset that this posting is dedicated to my brother: Jim...His birthday was yesterday and these are a virtual cupcake gift to him. We all met in Vegas last month and had a birthday party where we all wore "I'm with Jim" tee shirts...very fun and funny!

Okay...I know these are over the top...not only with the fishing people, but the poor canoe-ers who might capsize...did they? Who's to say...at least the cupcakes got eaten! I call these two Bob and Carol...do not ask me why.

Ruff waters ahead!! These are Martha Stewart's One Bowl Chocolate (chocolate chocolate) cupcakes with mini-chips thrown in for good measure! The frosting is Billy's Vanilla Vanilla Frosting dyed blue and/or green. And the surprise is that there is a pretzel Goldfish inside some of the cupcakes! They taste pretty good with chocolate!


Oh No, Mr. Bill...I fear Bob and Carol might be meeting...who is that? Cupid...hmmm....how strange a fate for the cupcake canoeing couple....

Layla doesn't care at all about Bob and Carol...she just wants to eat them and the cupcake!
Here is the recipe:

Ingredients
Makes 2 dozen
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup warm water
3/4 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with liners; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla; mix batter until smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to assure batter is well mixed.
Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about one-third full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.

The frosting recipe was in last week's posting!

Have a great week and remember to say Happy Birthday to my brother if you see him in Spokane!

CQ

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:31 PM

    Your photos are famous!

    http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/2008/07/cupcake-couture-catering-greenville.html

    http://www.ilovecupcakecouture.com/cupcakes/

    https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=9610539&postID=9203207563917742924

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:55 PM

    http://www.ilovecupcakecouture.com/cupcakes/
    Same photo that you posted back on Sunday May 21, 2006.
    If they are using your photo and you know about it...that's great...if not, they need to take it down or give you the credit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:26 PM

    where do you get your adorable little figures?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. UPdate on the photo...cupcake couture did not receive credit from me....I contact the owner today and she has taken the photo off her web site...thanks for letting me know.

    CQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an awesome cupcake! Im sort of in to the colour turqouise now, and i wonder how did you get it that color!? Youre gr8! Regards from Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME! Thanks for your wonderful blog! I featured you in my last entry on my blog. Have a magical weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:51 PM

    I have just discovered your site and the posts/photos I have viewed tonight make me truly grin!! Thank you.
    I would love to try some of these fishing cupcakes for a friend's father who at the age of 91 has just returned from his annual fishing trip to Canada. Can you tell me (us) where you found those adorable fishing figurines?
    Thanks for the inspiration, great photos and wonderful recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I love cakes and cupcakes with scenes on them. So great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are featuring your awesome cupcakes again, this time part of our summer cupcake ideas on www.partycupcakeideas.com

    ReplyDelete