Chocolate Chip Cookie and Brownie Cupcakes: What Could Be Better?



Now, that's what I call entertainment!



Okay...so I thought I would make some chocolate chip cookies the other day. I saw a cool/funny recipe in the local paper and wanted to try it out. This recipe said to make the cookies and then let the cookie dough stay in the fridge overnight...could I wait...hmmmm...okay I waited until 7:00 a.m. the next morning and made a batch. Pretty good! So good that I wanted to figure out how to use them in a cupcake. I've already done one with cookie in the bottom. But, could I make it work on top? Stay tuned~!


I used brownie mix for the cupcakes (which I've done before...they are so nice and chewy...), so I mixed up a batch and put one ice cream scoop in each cupcake liner...what a funny name...and then I rolled enough of the cookie dough into a ball and flattened it out and it fit right on top of the brownie batter and into the liner. I was nervous about how long it was going to take to bake, so I started with the timer at 12 minutes...that was way to soon. The cupcakes ended up taking about 22 minutes to bake!



When they came out, I turned down the liner to the place where the cookie met the brownie and it ended up looking like it had a tutu on...so funny...but different! One thing to remember is that with this recipe, you have, have, have to spray the cupcake liners, or the brownies won't want to come out and the liner may stick to the brownie part. I topped the cupcakes off with vanilla or chocolate frosting and everyone loved them!

Here is a link to the chocolate chip cookies recipe: The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie by Brian Patterson, Gazette.

16 comments:

  1. Oh my word. That sure is a major temptation- chocolate chip cookie and BROWNIE together in a cupcake?? Ahhhhhhhhhh...goodbye diet!

    By the way, Cakegrrl posted a dog-friendly donut dessert- maybe we can find a dog-friendly cupcake dessert for Nigel and Layla??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, what a lovely idea; they're so cute. I've had brownies with cookie on top in my to-do list since I saw this example a couple of months ago, but I would never have thought of putting them in cupcake pans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a glass of milk after reading about these little babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:40 PM

    I made these last night, just because I could. I only had liners for the giant muffin pan and after 22 minutes they were pretty brown on top. When I cut open a "tester", it was gooey. But, it was kind of gooey like a molten chocolate cake!!!=)mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Want you to make me cupcakes sooo bad! They look sooo good!
    ---
    Chicken Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look really neat! I'm hosting a Easter dinner for my friends, and one of them has a child, and I think he might appreciate the very fine art of the cookie/cupcake blend! I think I may try something different like a white lemon cupcake, with a sugar cookie ontop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello there... oh my, your pictures makes my stomach grumbling with hunger..!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried these today, which let me tell you eating the batter was fun in its own right. They turned out alright except once I took them out the cookies sunk in a little. How thick was your cookie section? I think maybe mine were too thick. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:37 PM

    My God, woman, you are surely one of the most creative and gifted people I know. These will be made at my house soon. Elastic-waist pants mandatory.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I make these as bar cookies and they are scrumptious. I have also made some of these with brownie bottoms and cheesecake uppers. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look amazing!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:31 PM

    Love the little tutus! What kind of wrappers did you use? Were they just standard white ones?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:08 PM

    I made these today, and wow are they good. My cookies also sunk a bit in the middle when they came out of the oven, but regardless still taste delicious with a tall glass of milk! :)

    Thanks for the great recipe, my father-in-law loves brownies so these should be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous5:24 PM

    wow. these are kinda what im doing but i want to make brownies for cupcakes and turn them into cookie monsters with cookies... when you bake just the brownies as cupcakes are they still round on the top???

    ReplyDelete
  15. Going to make these but not sure what temp for the oven.

    d_debono@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to make them too, I'm assuming likely the same temperature for brownies that is on the box, but I'm concerned about the size. I want to make mine little, but I'm not sure if I bake them for 22 minutes that they won't wind up dried out?

    I'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete