Week 45: Happy 150th Birthday, Maryland...Vosges Chocolate Currie Coconut Cupcakes

Today is the University of Maryland's celebration of it's 150th birthday! I think most of you know that's where I work (and play!). It's a great place...and today is Charter Day. So, I decided to make my cupcakes this week a birthday-type cupcake. I received some Vosges truffles for my birthday from my sister, Robin...OMG! they were awesome and the packaging was so beautiful.Then Catherine gave me some of the Vosges four 4-ounce packets of their chips. I used the Naga chips which contain curry powder, coconut flakes, and milk chocolate to make these cupcakes.

I am so into chocolate right now. Yesterday, when I went to Safeway to get some stuff to make these cupcakes, I paid extra attention to the types of chocolate chips they had. I had to store up, you know? Needless to say, about $80 later, I was home with seven bags of chocolate chips: Guittard Real Semisweet Chocolate Chips, Guittard Choc-Au-Lait (so cute!) Chips, Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips, Ghirardelli 60% Cocoa Bittersweet Chocolate (2 bags), and Nestle Mini Morsels (I love these)...chocolate bars: Scharffen Berger Bittersweet (70% cacao) and Scharffen Berger Semisweet (62% cacao), and cocoa: Scharffen Berger Cocao Unsweetened Powder. The aroma was devine. It's like being overwhelmed by nirvana! I'm telling you...this cupcake stuff is addicting!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:05 AM

    lord, i'm getting a rush just reading about all of that chocolate. what time did you say was the tasting at your house? and since I'll be under the influence, just clear me a spot next to laylya's bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not kidding...it is addictive! I've only just ventured forth into my own cupcake journey, and have already found myself pondering what to make next. Funny, most of the recipes I have printed have at least a little chocolate in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:22 AM

    I love your new banner- did you design it yourself? Its great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:18 AM

    Where do you find the cool cupcake papers???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate: Thanks about my banner...I did design it myself...I am a web designer in my other life! I like the look but I've decided to change up the banner whenever the mood strikes...or a hoiday...hmmm st. patrick's day??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, but such a good addiction to have. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:48 PM

    Another fantastic creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:37 AM

    I *heart* Vosges. I used to buy their chocolates as a treat for myself from Neiman's when I still lived in No. VA. I seriously doubt I could find Vosges in this state!

    A Vosges cupcake. I can't even imagine how wonderful that would be.

    Speaking of blog design stuff. . .In November, I paid a "reputable" designer (who I found online via other cute blogs) to create a blogskin for me. It was supposed to be done in 2-3 weeks. Hello! It's March. I got nothin' and I'm out $150. I still want a new skin and would gladly pay for a cute one. Or even just a banner at this point. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CQ, I know you mentioned containers for shipping previously; where do you get the handy dandy plastic box you've photographed with your latest creation? It looks like what one would get when purchasing cupcakes at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete